There is a stereotype of the depressed loser who just sits in their room, playing games all day, not studying and not working. Of course, as productive gamers (hopefully) we know that this stereotype is largely false. The key word here being largely, because there’s no doubt that there’s some truth to the stereotype.
Games are a great escape from life but problems arise when people make it an escape from a life they cannot stand. But game addiction is just a symptom, the true cause is a problem in mental health. So in today’s super serious post, we will be looking at why all gamers should ensure their mental health, just like their physical health remains optimal.
A. How Gamers Should Prioritize Taking Care Of Their Mental Health
You will come across mainly two types of individuals at present – one group with an extremely positive mentality and the other quite beaten down by their past experiences and feeling quite frustrated and exhausted. However, you must focus on taking care of your mental health irrespective of your mental outlook. In the following paragraphs, we will mention several effective ways to look after your mental condition.
1. Try to imagine things that you would like to enjoy during your vacation and inject some part of it into your everyday life
While holidaying, we usually go for a stroll in the park instead of visiting the fitness center or our friends accompany us while having lunch. It will be a smart idea to implement a bit of that attitude into our daily regimen which can add some spice to our lifestyle. This might imply going for a simple stroll outdoors or turning off our smartphones during a particular period of the day. Although you might not feel like you’re on a vacation, it will help you to be in top mental condition.
2. Learn to give yourself a break
We often struggle to accomplish our responsibilities in our daily lives. However, human beings possess tremendous power to get this done. We must make use of this ability to do our chores and provide ourselves with a break when we commit an error. We must bear in mind that nobody is perfect and making blunders is a part of our daily routine.
3. Perform meditation on a regular basis
Although the yoga teachers perform meditation regularly, we should also not shy away from doing this. While meditating, we must not try to accomplish any particular target; instead, just try to calm down for several minutes and concentrate on our breathing. Try to inhale and exhale gradually for a couple of minutes and slowly make an effort to increase that timing in future.
4. Try to speak to your boss in case your mental condition is affecting your job
Although you need not reveal your mental health to your boss all the time, you should do so in case it affects your job adversely. For instance, if you might need to stay at home once every week to receive medication or you might need to stay out longer for lunch for making an appointment with your medical practitioner, it will be a wise idea to inform your boss regarding this.
5. Have sufficient slumber
Adequate sleep is essential for rejuvenating oneself and also reviving his mental condition. Without adequate slumber, you will not get the required energy to perform your daily chores. In fact, sleep can have a significant impact on your level of performance which you must not ignore.
B. How Hypnotherapy Can Be Used In Treating Mental Health Issues
Although we know hypnotherapy to be a successful way of shedding pounds and quitting smoking, it can also be used to take care of emotional issues plus improve our mental condition. In fact, our health and self-esteem are often affected by addictions, depressive disorders, phobias as well as other conditions which also include anxiety and mental stress. Consequently, we must learn how to tackle the deeper causes of our degrading mental condition which is equally important as our physical behavior.
Personally, I have used hypnotherapy to great effect, through a little nepotism. You see, my uncle is one of the best hypnotherapists in Reading (that’s in the UK btw).
How does hypnotherapy function?
Creating a quiet and safe space in the mind of the patient is very important when it comes to hypnotherapy since it helps one to relax and unwind. Next, one must try to develop optimistic mental resources while addressing some specific issues. Following this, the hypnotherapist should encourage the patient to practice hypothesis on his own which should minimize his anxiety eventually.
Below, we have provided different techniques for achieving this effect:
- Hypnosis – The patients use this technique to unwind and open up their psychological resources. It is, actually, a modified state of consciousness.
- A successful approach to introduce pauses for transferring people to the “being” mode from the “doing” mode happens to be mindfulness meditation.
- The implementation of cognitive behavioral hypnotherapy can treat mild depressive disorders and more complicated conditions effectively. Patients are taught how to deal with any kind of thoughts that can result in depression by using (REBT) rational emotive behavioral therapy framework. Thus they are able to stop making any unrealistic event and also recognize irrational beliefs.
- One can easily block memory channels and process traumatic memories with the help of eye movement therapies. Eye movement is a successful trauma treatment and scientists have confirmed this clinically.
You can also make efforts to perform hypnotherapy for yourself which will help you to make positive alterations in your thought process as well as psychological health.